Colonoscopy Instructions MIRALAX/Mag Citrate Prep
Three days before examination:
Read all instructions at least three (3) days before your examination.
- Obtain Miralax/polyethylene glycol 238g (14 doses) from the pharmacy (over the counter).
- Please buy a 10 oz. bottle of Magnesium Citrate (over the counter). NO RED
Two days before examination:
- Eat well-balanced meals but avoid nuts, popcorn, raw fruit, raw vegetables and salads.
One day before examination:
- Drink only liquids for breakfast, lunch and dinner. SOLID FOODS, MILK AND MILK PRODUCTS ARE NOT ALLOWED. Click here for liquid diet instructions.
- At 5:00 P.M. (night before your procedure) take the 4 Bisacodyl tablets together with water.
- At 6:00 P.M., mix 238 gram bottle of Miralax in 64 ounces of Gatorade/Crystal Light. Shake the solution until the Miralax is dissolved. Drink 8 ounces of the Gatorade/Crystal Light – Miralax solution every 20 minutes until ALL is gone.
On the day of the exam:
- Drink 10oz Magnesium Citrate 4 hours before your scheduled appointment time.
- You may have liquids until 4 hours prior to your procedure.
- Bring your insurance card.
- Bring a list of your current medications.
- Must have a driver
- All patients receiving sedation MUST have a responsible adult accompany them from the center following the procedure.
- If your intention is to drive yourself or use taxi/Uber/Lyft services and you do not have a responsible adult to escort you then you will not be able to receive sedation for your procedure.
- Using public transportation is not considered an acceptable option.
Special Instructions: ***No Red Mag Citrate***
Please report to the location at which your procedure is scheduled.
Procedures ARE NOT performed at the Chestnut location.
It is very important that you contact our office (559-323-8200) if you are unable to make this appointment.
You may be charged a cancellation fee of $75.00 if you fail to cancel within three (3) business days of your procedure.